Medical nutrition therapy (MNT) and full assessment of current diet and lifestyle for individual persons and families. Development of specific meal plans and food options for the unique needs of each individual and family. The dietary intake will vary depending on the many variables that apply for each individual.
One on one or couple/family nutrition consulting for the following:
- Diabetes/Pre Diabetes
- Blood sugar control
- Chronic kidney disease
- Weight management
- Child and adult obesity
- Cholesterol/lipid optimization
- Food allergies/intolerances/sensitivities
- Heart disease/stroke rehab and prevention
- Autoimmune diseases
- Esophageal varices
- Digestive diseases
- Vitamin/mineral deficiencies
- Disordered eating
- Infant and Child Nutrition
Other services for individuals, families, and businesses:
- Wellness consult for those not experiencing a disease but are seeking nutritional advice for increased energy, and greater quality of life. This consult focuses on an intuitive eating style, which best addresses your body’s response to food. Wellness consults may be a good choice for:
Managing diets with specific food group restrictions such as:
raw food, vegetarian, vegan, fexitarian, palio, perfect health diet, and g.a.p.s.
Managing the changing caloric needs for normal life stages related to:
prenatal, pregnancy, postnatal, lactation, and menopause
- Grocery shopping tours: navigation and discussion through the grocery store of your choice. A complete aisle by aisle question/answer tour catered to your specific foods. (1-2 hours).
- Pantry/meal makeover: take a picture or have me come to your home to help you with your pantry choices, organization and further shopping suggestions (1-2 hours). This may also include meal suggestions and what meal time looks like for your household. Meal time is very specific for the needs of each situation, let us make it a life-giving experience!
- Restaurant Consults: pick a restaurant and I will share in meal time with you. This may be helpful for navigating through menus and choosing options that best cater to your individual needs.
Note: Other than grocery/restaurant/and pantry visits most of the consults with me will take place in my office on W. Holly in Bellingham WA, however there is flexibility in the meeting. For example if you live out of the country or are away from WA, Skype can be a great way to communicate. I am open to suggestions for other types of communication that may work better for each situation.